Milford Mill is the first intermediate stop of three to open as part of Phase II of the Baltimore Metro SubwayLink in July 1987. The station is located on an earthen embankment just above the ground below. The platform has a simple completely opaque canopy held up by five sets of support beams cantilevered over the tracks and platform below.
An elevator, stairs, and escalators lead down to station house at ground-level just below the platform. This leads out to a single entrance just west of the railway. These lead out to a series of sawtooth bus bays at one side and in the middle of a 1300 parking space parking lot. All parking spaces at the station are located in a single large parking lot. The station is partially named for Milford Mill Road that crosses over the Metro just north of the station, but there is no shortcut access to the street with all passengers needed to walk down the narrow sidewalks to Roman Frasier Lane to reach the station’s parking lot and leave the station.
Photos 1 & 2: June 16, 2009;