Mount Kisco is another Harlem Line station with a poorly accessible island platform built in 1984 for electrification across from a historic train depot. The historic depot was built 1910 and is a single-story building built in the Richardson Romanesque style. It has wide porches where passengers originally waited for trains. The depot primarily now contains an Italian restaurant. The ticket window closed here in 2005 however signs by the elevators in the overpass say that a restroom is available in the station. There is also a historic freight house just south of the station house. This is now a pizzeria. Between the two historic buildings is a modern elevator shaft and enclosed staircase that lead up to a pedestrian bridge over to a single second elevator and staircase down to almost the southern end of the stations 8 car long platform. Main Street crosses over near the northern end of the platform but no extra staircases are provided for more convenient access. The platform is canopied for a couple car lengths and also contains some waiting shelters. This leads out to a large parking area primarily south of the station.
All Photos: 23 October, 2015