La Mesa Depot
Home<California<Historic Railroad Stations<La Mesa Historic Depot

The La Mesa Depot is the only historic San Diego and Cuyamaca Railway Station in existence. It is located just south of the La Mesa Blvd Trolley Station. It consists of a small yellow structure with brown trim opened in 1894 and expanded to its present size in 1915. It is now the http://www.sdrm.org/la-mesa/ La Mesa Depot Museum, open Saturdays from 1 to 4pm. Outside is stream locomotive #3, a boxcar and a caboose.
All Photos taken on 22 March, 2011

Trolley Station|Historic La Mesa Depot
la_mesa1
Sign for the La Mesa Depot Museum
la_mesa2
One side of the railway express agency
la_mesa3
Various equipment outside the depot
la_mesa4
San Diego is 11 1/10 of a mile away
la_mesa5
Restored sign for Western Union
la_mesa6
The depot was built in 1894
la_mesa7
1914 train timetable
la_mesa8
The back of the caboose
la_mesa9
Southern Pacific Caboose #1058
la_mesa10
Porch with a sign for the railway express agency
la_mesa11
la_mesa12
M N R R #3
la_mesa13
la_mesa14
Front view of #3
la_mesa15
The historic cars are next to the trolley tracks
la_mesa16
la_mesa17
Trolley Station|Historic La Mesa Depot
Home<California<Historic Railroad Stations<La Mesa Historic Depot

Last Updated: 11 July, 2012
This Website is maintained and copyright © 2003-2019, Jeremiah Cox. This website is not affiliated with any transit provider. Please do not remote link images or copy them from this website without permission. Contact the Webmaster