Brattleboro, VT has been a stop in the Amtrak-era since the Montrealer began in 1972 (except when service was substituted with buses between 1987 and 1989). It was originally staffed with an agent who preformed baggage services but the station became unstaffed between 1978 and 1979, and has remained that way ever since. The station platform is simply the side of an alley roadway just south of the grade crossing with Bridge Street with a of a few parking spaces (30 minutes for Amtrak customers) up against the historic 1915 Brattleboro Union Station. This building has three stories and is built into a bluff with passengers originally entering on the top level Vernon Street and ventured down two stories to the level today that is just one track. The building now hosts the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center. Inside the first level of the building is still a small waiting area, open for about an hour around train departures by a caretaker. This has a single door with an awning above, there is a small former ticket window with a door that has an Amtrak 'Only Crew Members Beyond This Point' sign. Along the alley/parking platform there is a single old generation station sign with a red line on the wall of the building, and a modern Amtrak information panel. There is a tiny corridor that leads to a tiny waiting room with a single restroom, a brochure rack and with a luggage size template. There are green plastic chairs for seating. Additional parking is across along Depot Street directly across the street.
All Photos taken on 20 March, 2012 via car
Last Updated: 6 April, 2012